This happens when Web Connector isn't set up to run when QuickBooks isn't open. Or if you renamed your company file, moved it to a different location, or it doesn't work with your third-party application.
What you can do?
If you haven’t yet, set up Web Connector to run even when QuickBooks isn’t open. Here’s how:
1. Sign in to QuickBooks as the admin user.
2. If QuickBooks is in multi-user mode, go to the File menu, then select Switch to Single-user Mode.
3. From the Edit menu, select Preferences.
4. Select Integrated Applications, then select the Company Preferences tab.
5. Select the application you want to add.
6. Select Properties.
7. Select Allow this application to log in automatically.
8. On the Authorization window, select YES.
9. Select User to sign in, then OK.
If you renamed or moved your company file, here’s how to fix it:
- Restore your company file’s previous name.
- If you moved your company file, create a backup, then restore it to its previous location.
After this, you might need to ask your application provider to update their file location to match yours.
Note: If you still get this error, reach out to Intuit Support.