This happens when there's a damaged or missing QWCLOG.TXT file. You may get one of these errors:
- QBWC1085: There was a problem with the log file. QuickBooks Web Connector will continue without the log file.
- Exception TypeError: Unknown name
What you can do?
If your company file isn’t connected to a third-party application:
1. Sign in as the Windows admin.
2. Open Windows File Explorer and go to this folder: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup.
3. Right-click QuickBooks Web Connector, then select Delete.
4. Restart your computer and open QuickBooks.
If your company file is connected to a third-party application using Web Connector:
1. Exit QuickBooks and Web Connector.
2. Open Windows File Explorer and go to this folder: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QBWebConnector\log.
3. Rename the QWCLOG.TXT to QWCLOGOLD.TXT.
4. Reopen Web Connector, then restart your computer.
5. Open QuickBooks and sign in to your third-party application.
Note: If you still get this error, reach out to Intuit Support.